The 2017 MiC conference was held September 27 and 28 in Guelph, Ontario.
More than 180 municipal innovators gathered to share ideas, learn new tools and hear from experts in their field. It was, as promised, the innovatiest.
Take a look at the subjects we covered. Click through to any of the topics to view conference presentations, videos and links to great stuff and things.
- PSD’s MiC2017 Conference and Workshop Review with everyone
- Leading in Innovative Environments with Dr. Martha Lenio
- Failure and Innovation with Ashley Good, Hillary Hartley and Gavin Armstrong
- Accelerator Jam with Rick Boersma
- Behavioural Insights with Sami El Sibaey
- Digital Transformation Panel with Hillary Hartley, Gabe Sawhney and Ryan Androsoff
- Thinking Like a Designer with Helen Kerr, Marco Romano and Amy Stevens
- Civic Innovation Labs with Calgary, Guelph, Kitchener and Vancouver
- The Challenge of Showing Innovation Impact with Helaina Gaspard, Kristofer Kelly-Frère, Joseph Bou-Younes and Helen Kerr
- The Power of Storytelling with Laurence Hill
- Innovation Typology
Thanks again to OMAA for supporting the conference with attendee sponsorship. Read more about their conference experience here:
- 2017 MiC Conference Write-up OMAA_1
- 2017 MiC Conference Write-up OMAA_2
- 2017 MiC Conference Write-up OMAA_3
Stay tuned for more information about MiC2018 in Calgary, Alberta. Likely to be even innovatier. If you can believe that.